Live streaming has gained popularity in recent years and has become a powerful tool for businesses and individuals to connect directly with their audiences and create a stronger sense of community. We’ve seen a level of interactivity and engagement that other forms of content cannot match, making it easier and faster to build a connection with viewers through engaging live streams.
Whether you are using live streaming for an event, recurring meetings, or internal communications, here are 5 strategies to keep your live streams engaging:
- Create a detailed plan. If you don’t know where you’re going, how will you get there? You need a plan. By creating a detailed run of show, you’ll have a cohesive roadmap for a successful live stream. Your run of show should include start times and lengths of content segments, an order of events that builds upon the key messages, speaker info, and other details for flawless execution. Other planning tips include confirming speakers and content in advance. It’s a best practice to schedule a dry run before going live to test the flow and technical items. If this is a regular live stream, stay consistent with your cadence and use previous feedback to continuously improve each time you stream.
- Increase production value. Keep your audience engaged by adding multiple camera angles, digital effects, and pre-recorded content to ensure variety. Enhance the viewer’s experience and go the extra mile in quality by using an appealing set or backdrop, professional audio equipment, and lighting. Then, take your visuals a step further with graphics, stingers, music, and various Picture-in-Picture or side-by-side views to give your live stream the polished look your viewers will be wowed by.
- Build community through interactivity. Whether you’re launching a new product or hosting an internal town hall, be sure to have the technology to get real-time engagement. Encourage viewers to ask questions and leave comments so you can directly engage and address their concerns during the stream. Incorporate polls and check points along the way, so viewers can provide immediate feedback. (And be sure to respond to their comments and questions!)
- Showcase your authenticity. Ditch the word-for-word script and allow for raw, unfiltered moments. This can help humanize your brand and create a deeper connection with your audience, making them feel more invested in your content. Build on this connection by finding what your audience is interested in with Google Analytics, various apps and software, or simply by reviewing the feedback they are giving during the live streams. Use this information to help create a more personalized experience for your audience.
- Communicate with the audience regularly. Focus on what’s in it for them in the messaging so they’ll be sure to join live. As the event approaches, share reminders, the agenda, and clear instructions on how to join the live stream. (Pro Tip: consider a FAQ for any technology challenges they may experience.) Then, promotion doesn’t stop just because the live stream is over – continue to engage your audience by sharing recaps, recordings, thanking those who attended live, and repurposing the event content as applicable.
An effective live stream strategy can make all the difference when engaging your audience, and giving them a high-quality, memorable experience that they’ll look forward to being a part of again and again. Live streams have the potential to transform the way your audience connects with your brand, making them a key part of your marketing strategy. As the world becomes increasingly interconnected and remote – live streams will continue to play a vital role in bringing people together.
If you need some help with your next live stream or virtual event, please contact us at email@example.com.
Search vLink’s Resources, News, and Events
vLink Solutions is always adding new tips and tricks, case studies, infographics, and more.
One of the first steps to creating a great marketing video is writing an effective script. This animated infographic will give you vLink’s Guide to Scriptwriting for Online Video. This is especially helpful if you are new to video marketing.
Video is a popular — and powerful — digital marketing medium that can engage your target audience in ways that basic text and imagery simply can’t. However, creating engaging video content that holds your audiences’ attention and drives conversions can feel like a daunting task. (This is the part when Jerry McGuire shouts, “Show me the money!”)
Virtual events were the norm just a few years ago due to the global pandemic. Today hybrid events are a secret weapon for some of the most successful fundraising events. In this article you will see 7 ways to effectively use live streaming to maximize donations and reach for your organization.
The secret’s out: Video is the key to successful online training. And in the spirit of revealing secrets – we’ve put together a proven framework, “The 3 P’s”, to help you turn your content into an effective, online video training.
There is no denying that video content is a powerful tool. But have you thought about how you can use video to engage your website audience while also boosting SEO and other engagement metrics? Here are the 5 Secrets of How Video Enhances Website Engagement and SEO.
Atlanta Technology Professionals is an organization where IT professionals come together to connect, learn, and give back to the Atlanta community. They host regular events around Atlanta and let us tell you, their events (and attendees) are some of the coolest...
Video marketing is an integral part of any successful marketing campaign. It allows businesses to reach a wider audience, connect with their target market, and create a lasting impression. We’ve seen this firsthand, but with so many businesses vying for attention, it can be challenging to stand out from the crowd.
This is where we see the power of storytelling playing a part.
We invited the vLink Insiders to our Marietta studio for an exclusive event with Elizabeth Klingseisen, Marketing SVP at Stratix. Founded in 1980, Stratix is the leader in mobile solutions for enterprises. Their Smart Mobile programs ensure their clients have the...
We made a new friend in 2022: The Copponex Group. The Copponex Group is an exploding business that installs and restores playgrounds and all other amenities in the parks and recreation space. At the time that they approached us, they were experiencing a problem:...
vLink Featured by Sales & Marketing Management: “How to Align Video Throughout the Customer Journey”
“The traditional funnel takes a company-centric approach that’s often focused too much on net-new growth. In reality, customers can fall out of a funnel at any time. That includes post-sale, too! It’s up to us – the marketing team – to provide a safety net of customer-centric actions that fall across all functions to keep them as a customer,” said Pedowitz.
Video marketing is an effective way to engage customers and build brand awareness. With the popularity of video content on websites and social media, businesses should be leveraging video marketing to turn customers into brand advocates after the purchase.
Stratix Corporation creates and manages mobility programs to transform mobile support for some of the most iconic brands around the globe. We are always excited to work with them. Recently, they challenged us to create a series of interactive videos that show various...
Is your video content pause-worthy? If not, your company is missing out. At vLink Solutions, we developed a method called PAUSE Planning℠ to create binge-worthy content strategies for our clients.
The sales funnel has changed. Has your video marketing kept up? With so many customer journey models, it is challenging for marketers to know when and how to use video effectively in their company’s model.
LeasePlan is one of the world’s leading fleet management and driver mobility companies, with over 1.8 million (oops Scott said 18 million) vehicles under management in more than 30 countries. Their U.S. headquarters is in Alpharetta, Georgia, and has been a vLink...
It’s always a good day when our friends over at Revegy, creators of an account-based sales execution platform, give us a call to produce some content. They were in search of a fun and entertaining way to highlight and overview their software using visuals and...
vLink Solutions designed this modern sales funnel and infographic as a roadmap for businesses and organizations looking to leverage video marketing.
So you want to make a video to support a new product, program or campaign? Video marketing can be the most effective way to reach your audience. According to Business Insider, the number of people watching videos online reached 244.4 million in 2020 and is only going...
Scriptwriting is one of the most important steps of the video production process. It is also the step that we find companies struggle with the most. While many adults have been schooled in writing, script writing is a different skill altogether. Poor script writing...
Published in Smart Meetings on 6/9/22. The average price for a paid virtual event is $443. Are virtual attendees seeing value? It depends. “To demand a fee, digital events must boast compelling content and a seamless experience. According to Kim Myhre, founder of...
This article was published in CMW on 4/27/22. Webinars are standard fare for general audiences, but how do you host virtual events that engage clients and prospects representing millions of dollars in potential revenue? At this level, the game changes. Expectations...
We asked 11 top event professionals for a widespread view of what works now in hybrid event production—and what needs to happen to make this an effective, long-term event format.