So, you’ve decided that video is an essential piece to your marketing strategy puzzle? Welcome. You are in good company here 😊… you may have heard us talk about the importance of high-quality video (once or twice…) but we have to break it to you: the quality of your video marketing is just part of the picture. The success of your video marketing strategy also hinges on how well your content resonates with the values and beliefs of your audience. Without this key piece of the puzzle, you may end up with a fancy video that looks and sounds great but falls flat without producing the results you’re looking for. Speaking directly to the values and beliefs of your audience is crucial for the success of your marketing strategy.
Here are 5 steps to make videos that speak to your audience’s values:
- Get to Know Your Audience: To create video content that speaks to your audience’s values, you need to understand who they are, specifically. What do they like or dislike? What do they care most about? Conducting market research can help you gain insights into your audience’s demographics, needs, personality and most importantly – their values. This information will be the foundation of your strategy.
- Craft Your Message: Once you have a good understanding of your audience, it’s time to craft a simple and straightforward message that speaks directly to their values and beliefs. This message should be genuine and authentic while staying consistent with your brand values as well, reflecting your company’s culture and mission. This key message is your chance to show your audience that you/your brand understand and care about them and their needs. (Pro tip: Consider if storytelling is the best way to convey your message. A well-told story can be memorable, impactful and pull on your audience’s heart/value-strings! Check out this article for more Storytelling tips.
- Match the Audience’s Expected Production Quality: Once you are clear on your message, it is time to produce a quality video that matches your audience’s expectations. Obviously, the higher the production value the easier it is to capture and keep your audience’s attention. Poor production quality, resulting in low quality audio or video, can distract your audience from your message, reducing the likelihood that they will engage with your content or brand.
- Promote Within the Appropriate Channels: To ensure your audience receives the message you have worked so hard to convey, it is essential to promote your video through the right channels. In other words: you want to meet them where they are. Consider the market research from step 1 to determine their preferred channels and tailor your promotion strategy accordingly. For example, social media is an excellent platform for promoting your video content, as it allows you to reach a large – or targeted – audience quickly. The more your message resonates with the audience, the more likely they are to reshare it.
- Measure Your Success: We are big fans of continuous improvement. Be sure to measure and collect both quantitative and qualitative metrics. Quantitative statistics include views, impressions, and view durations. To get qualitative metrics, pay attention to conversions, likes, reshares, and comments to see how well your video resonates with your audience. If your video is not performing as well as you would like, you can use this information to make improvements and refine your strategy.
As tempting as it may be to skip doing your homework and jump straight to the fun part of producing a snazzy video, remember that the effectiveness of your video hinges on how well your message resonates with your audience. In working with our clients, we have found the pivotal piece to the puzzle is creating content that speaks to the specific audience’s values. By following these helpful steps and partnering with a professional production team to produce excellent quality content, it could mean a world of difference for your results.
Still not sure where to start? VLink Solutions is here to help. We are a full-service video marketing agency that can help guide you through every step of the video content strategy and production process. Let’s connect today and get started.
Search vLink’s Resources, News, and Events
vLink Solutions is always adding new tips and tricks, case studies, infographics, and more.
Online Training Videos are the future for successful teams. Watch this video to learn about our proven online training framework: “The 3 P’s” – Preparation, Production and Promotion. These tips will guide you in turning your content into an effective, online video training.
In the ever-evolving landscape of modern workplaces, the traditional office setting is taking a backseat to remote work and flexible schedules. As teams become more dispersed, keeping everyone in the loop and fostering a sense of unity can be a challenge. That’s where the magic of live Video Town Halls comes into play. Imagine a virtual town square where your team can gather, share updates, and connect, all from the comfort of their home offices. It’s not just a meeting; it’s a celebration of collaboration. Let’s dive into the exciting world of Video Town Halls and how they can revolutionize large-scale internal communication.
In the fast-paced digital world we live in where information bombards us from every corner of the internet, establishing credibility and trust is no small feat. Whether you’re a budding entrepreneur, or a seasoned marketing executive, you know that credibility is the currency of success. So, how do you stand out in a sea of options? Enter the unsung heroes of the marketing world: video testimonials.
Technology has given businesses and brands the ability to market, sell, and grow at a remarkable rate. However, the businesses and brands that are benefiting the most from it are those that utilize Live Streaming. From LinkedIn Live to a full-scale virtual event, businesses and brands can connect with their audience in real-time, creating a more interactive and engaging viewer experience. In case you’re not convinced, here are six ways live streaming could benefit your brand:
As we close 2023, the staff at vLink want to thank all our clients that allowed us to help them with the video and live streaming needs. We also wanted to share some of our favorite videos produced throughout the year. There were nearly 1500 to choose from but these 6 were among the most memorable and fun to create.
MasterMessaging is a long-time client of ours. They help clients increase their revenue in predictable and sustainable ways through training and consultation. In this case study, we discuss how we created 30 plus training videos in a day and a half.
Emotions are a powerful driving force in human behavior. They influence our decision-making process and using them can be a valuable tool in video marketing. Leveraging emotional appeal tailored to your target audience is a marketing technique that will evoke feelings and create a connection that drives engagement.
We love it when we get to partner with non-profit organizations. One of these valued organizations, Women in Technology (WIT), empowers girls and women to excel in science, technology, engineering, the arts, and math (S.T.E.A.M) from the classroom to the boardroom. WIT has had enormous success in expanding their reach, growing their membership, and raising millions over 30 years.
One of the first steps to creating a great marketing video is writing an effective script. This animated infographic will give you vLink’s Guide to Scriptwriting for Online Video. This is especially helpful if you are new to video marketing.
Video is a popular — and powerful — digital marketing medium that can engage your target audience in ways that basic text and imagery simply can’t. However, creating engaging video content that holds your audiences’ attention and drives conversions can feel like a daunting task. (This is the part when Jerry McGuire shouts, “Show me the money!”)
Virtual events were the norm just a few years ago due to the global pandemic. Today hybrid events are a secret weapon for some of the most successful fundraising events. In this article you will see 7 ways to effectively use live streaming to maximize donations and reach for your organization.
The secret’s out: Video is the key to successful online training. And in the spirit of revealing secrets – we’ve put together a proven framework, “The 3 P’s”, to help you turn your content into an effective, online video training.
There is no denying that video content is a powerful tool. But have you thought about how you can use video to engage your website audience while also boosting SEO and other engagement metrics? Here are the 5 Secrets of How Video Enhances Website Engagement and SEO.
Atlanta Technology Professionals is an organization where IT professionals come together to connect, learn, and give back to the Atlanta community. They host regular events around Atlanta and let us tell you, their events (and attendees) are some of the coolest...
Live streaming has gained popularity in recent years and has become a powerful tool for businesses and individuals to connect directly with their audiences and create a stronger sense of community. We’ve seen a level of interactivity and engagement that other forms of content cannot match, making it easier and faster to build a connection with viewers through engaging live streams.
Video marketing is an integral part of any successful marketing campaign. It allows businesses to reach a wider audience, connect with their target market, and create a lasting impression. We’ve seen this firsthand, but with so many businesses vying for attention, it can be challenging to stand out from the crowd.
This is where we see the power of storytelling playing a part.
We invited the vLink Insiders to our Marietta studio for an exclusive event with Elizabeth Klingseisen, Marketing SVP at Stratix. Founded in 1980, Stratix is the leader in mobile solutions for enterprises. Their Smart Mobile programs ensure their clients have the...
We made a new friend in 2022: The Copponex Group. The Copponex Group is an exploding business that installs and restores playgrounds and all other amenities in the parks and recreation space. At the time that they approached us, they were experiencing a problem:...
vLink Featured by Sales & Marketing Management: “How to Align Video Throughout the Customer Journey”
“The traditional funnel takes a company-centric approach that’s often focused too much on net-new growth. In reality, customers can fall out of a funnel at any time. That includes post-sale, too! It’s up to us – the marketing team – to provide a safety net of customer-centric actions that fall across all functions to keep them as a customer,” said Pedowitz.
Video marketing is an effective way to engage customers and build brand awareness. With the popularity of video content on websites and social media, businesses should be leveraging video marketing to turn customers into brand advocates after the purchase.
Stratix Corporation creates and manages mobility programs to transform mobile support for some of the most iconic brands around the globe. We are always excited to work with them. Recently, they challenged us to create a series of interactive videos that show various...
Is your video content pause-worthy? If not, your company is missing out. At vLink Solutions, we developed a method called PAUSE Planning℠ to create binge-worthy content strategies for our clients.
The sales funnel has changed. Has your video marketing kept up? With so many customer journey models, it is challenging for marketers to know when and how to use video effectively in their company’s model.
LeasePlan is one of the world’s leading fleet management and driver mobility companies, with over 1.8 million (oops Scott said 18 million) vehicles under management in more than 30 countries. Their U.S. headquarters is in Alpharetta, Georgia, and has been a vLink...